Known as the inventor of modern management, Peter Drucker first wrote of the deadly sins of public administration in 1980, where he outlined six things that organizations can do to guarantee non-performance (guaranteed failure if committing two or more of the following):
1. Have a lofty objective, such as a purpose statement (i.e. health care, safety, help the poor), rather than clear, measurable targets/activities that can be achieved as objectives.
2. Do too many things at once – have no priorities.
3. Commit too many resources (i.e. “throwing money at problems,” overstaffing) to solve problems (rather than seeking efficient solutions).
4. Fail to pilot test new programs or build on small scale successes in similar programs.
5. Fail to learn from previous experience – fail to plan for success and fail to review to examine strengths, weaknesses, limitations.
6. Resist or fail to abandon an idea or project when it has proven useless or invaluable.
Think of an example of a federal, state, or local public safety project that failed or suffered from one or more of these sins (or a personal example from an organization that you participated in). Describe the project and discuss how it failed/suffered.
Drucker, P. F. (1980). The deadly sins in public administration. Public administration review, 40(2), 103-106.
U.S. National Debt Clock (Real Time / Real Scary Folks…)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more